Verse of the Day

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

What Got Me Through

The only thing that got me through these difficult day was my faith in Jesus--- pure and simple. When I was so tired and literally could not read, all I could do is cry out to Jesus for mercy.

The only two books I could read on a good day were


I realize there have been many positive and negative comments about the first book--- but all I can say about it is that many of the devotions were exactly what I needed to hear at the moment. I realize Sarah Young wrote this book while in the midst of her own health crisis, and the readings definitely ministered to me during my health problems. It was like having a counselor--- someone could relate to the pain of life and give you the appropriate medicine (Scripture).

And the second book? I haven't read a negative comment about it. Streams of Desert is right on, theologically-speaking, and provides tremendous encouragement and insight to a person in the midst of suffering. Thank you to my dear friend who sent it.

These books might be great, but bottom-line is that if you don't have the Word of God buried in your heart BEFORE tragedy strikes (and it will strike at some point), you will flounder. I have been a believer and follower of Christ for almost 20 years, and this crisis still threw me. I can't imagine what I would have done without knowing the Truth.




No comments:

Post a Comment