Verse of the Day

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Finally... We passed Court!

This past Friday, I received a wonderful early morning email from CHI. We finally passed court! S.'s grandmother managed to get to court to testify and sign off on S.'s adoption. I had initially appeared in court on December 1, 2011, so it was a long time in coming! S. is now legally ours... our new son!

We were told that CHI will need about a month to prepare documents for the US Embassy. My only concern at this point is that the Embassy has been requiring additional interviews with birth families. Considering it took over 8 weeks and 6 failed court appearances to get the grandmother to appear in court once, how long will it take her this next time? Ah, yes... breathe. The Lord knows. I try not to worry incessantly with this part of the process. I keep praying to the Lord to bring S. home at the right time--- whatever that "right time" turns out to be.

In the meantime, I pray and hope... hope and pray. Some day soon, my sweet son!

First few minutes with my sweet boy, showing him his photo book. He loved seeing his face on the cover!

Such a handsome little guy! 
S. and T-Man.: friends and brothers in the making

Pure joy!

Our friend, Kassa, provided translation for us at the Thomas Center


S. was showing us his bed--- he's still in a crib at the Thomas Center

Orange soda--- clearly a favorite!

A moment of calm contemplation...

Looking a photos with Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment